NOTE: This year there are many factors potentially affecting students’ ability to complete their applications by the November 1 Early Action deadline. As a result, and at the request of the President of NACAC, Phil Trout, The University of Tulsa is extending its Early Action Deadline until Monday, November 9.
This will allow students who have been impacted by the flooding in Texas, cancelled ACT dates in October and/or delayed processing time for ACT and SAT scoring to have longer to complete their applications. The Early Action deadline extension applies to all students, regardless of their home address or testing date.
- OPTION 1: Complete The University of Tulsa Online Application at apply.utulsa.edu
- OPTION 2: Complete and submit The Common Application at commonapp.org
- OPTION 3: Download The University of Tulsa Application pdf download
- Application for admission
- Official high school transcript – If you have a GED, you must submit an official record of your scores (not the diploma) and a final high school transcript from the last date attended.
- SAT or ACT results (the writing component is not required); Superscore will be used for admission and scholarship decisions.
- Counselor Recommendation (on the Common App, please submit the school report AND a counselor recommendation)
- Non-refundable $50 application fee
- Materials can be mailed to The University of Tulsa Office of Admission, 800 South Tucker Drive, Tulsa, OK 74104
- A personal interview with an admission counselor is strongly recommended
- Home school students should refer to the Home School Student Check List for additional requirements.
- Students that are Permanent Residents with Greencards must have their status documented. Please complete the PRA Verification Form and follow the directions provided.
- Students who are 25 years of age or older are not required to submit an ACT or SAT score. However, the admission committee reserves the right to request additional testing if deemed necessary to the review process.
Early Action Admission: All application materials must be submitted or postmarked by November 1. Non-binding notifications of Early Action admission are mailed in mid-December.
Rolling Admission: Applications received after November 1 are reviewed as they are completed. Decision notifications for rolling admission applicants will commence mid-January and continue on an ongoing basis. The preferred date to submit an application for rolling admission is prior to February 1.
Academic Scholarships: Best consideration for scholarships is given to students who complete the application process by February 1. An additional scholarship application is not required. After that date, applicants will be considered for scholarships based on the availability of funding.
Admitted students have until May 1 to notify the University of their college decision.
Check your application status here
Application Gateway – You will need your username and password that was emailed to you after you applied.