The Andrew D. and Helen G. MacKay TU Scholarship for Innovation provides at least 20 scholarships valued at up to $25,000 each for four years.
Criteria for Consideration
- Incoming freshmen planning to pursue the following science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) degree programs in The University of Tulsa College of Engineering and Natural Sciences: mechanical engineering, electrical/computer engineering, computer science, math, applied math, engineering physics, physics, chemical engineering, information technology, computer simulation and gaming, biology, biochemistry and chemistry
- ACT range: 28-32 (or equivalent SAT), GPA: 3.5 or higher
- U.S. citizens*
- Scholarship value: $10,000 – $25,000
- Funding can be combined with other scholarships up to the cost of tuition plus basic room and board values.
- Financial need will be given strong preference.
- A University of Tulsa application must be completed for consideration. Apply via the Common Application or at admission.utulsa.edu.
- Application deadline: March 1
Requirement to Maintain Scholarship Designation
- Maintain good academic standing to retain scholarship and graduation with honors. (3.0 GPA for renewing the scholarship)
- Must maintain satisfactory progress to degree completion in four years. Funding is available for a maximum of eight semesters.
- Must remain enrolled in the College of Engineering and Natural Sciences in a STEM discipline. Funds will not follow students who transfer outside of the college.
*Preference given to Oklahoma residents and students from a military background