The Presidential Leaders Fellowship program is a two-year program that prepares students to maximize their TU experience through opportunities such as the new College Philanthropy Immersion program, the Tulsa Undergraduate Research Challenge, faculty-assisted research, global education internships, True Blue Neighbors volunteer services, Neuro-Corps and more.
Students accepted to the program will be required to complete various assignments and programs relating to the goals developed by TU President Gerard Clancy.
- Summer Readings
- President’s Seminar
- Presidential Lecture Series: Fellows will have the opportunity to serve as ambassadors for visiting lecturers.
- College Philanthropy Immersion
Students enrolled in The University of Tulsa’s inaugural Presidential Leaders Fellowship recently completed their fall project: a sample piece of legislation that is being presented to state Rep. Monroe Nichols, D-Tulsa, for consideration.
- Prepare a cadre of TU graduates who are skilled in creating a just, humane and creative world.
- Guide freshman and sophomores to a fulfilling experience at TU, and in doing so, prepare them to be successful leaders in complex environments.
- Facilitate students in their transformation from leadership to philanthropy, with the ability to give of themselves and their talents.
- Aid students in developing specific skills, including: understanding complexity, becoming self-aware regarding personal strengths, becoming social entrepreneurs who can implement solutions to societal, cultural and/or environmental issues, and mastering project management.
Open to incoming freshman (and transfer sophomore) students. Grade-point-average and test scores are not considered during the selection process.
- Submit a completed application for admission to The University of Tulsa by Jan. 15.
- Submit the online Special Programs Application, with short essays, by Jan. 15.*
- Visit campus by March 1.*
* Presidential scholarship applicants will be automatically considered for the Presidential Leaders Fellowship and do not have to submit a separate application beyond what is required for Presidential Scholarship application.