TU’s Transfer Philosophy
The University of Tulsa (TU) seeks to recruit and admit talented transfer students of diverse backgrounds and experiences and is dedicated to providing them collaborative and integrated learning experiences with clear curricular pathways to graduation. By fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment, TU strives to intentionally connect transfer students to the university, its mission, and its values. TU commits to supporting transfer students as they achieve their personal, academic, intellectual, and professional goals which prepares them to make positive contributions on campus, in the community, and the world.
How to Apply
- OPTION 1: Complete The University of Tulsa Online Application
- OPTION 2: Complete and submit The Common Application
|Term||Best Consideration||Application Deadline||Notification of Admission|
|Fall||March 15 (February 1 for music/theatre auditions)||August 1*||Rolling Admission|
|Spring||October 1||December 1*||Rolling Admission|
- Credit earned from regionally accredited colleges and universities is generally transferable if a grade of C or better has been earned in the course and if The University of Tulsa offers a comparable course.
- Courses taken pass/fail are not transferable unless a grade of C or better can be documented.
- Faculty policy determines which courses are applicable towards a chosen major.
- The last 45 hours of the degree program must be completed at TU.
For credits earned during Spring 2020, TU will accept Pass/Fail transfer of credit without the constraint that it be equivalent to at least a grade of C. In addition, for Spring 2020, Pass/Fail credits will be accepted in all cases in which TU would normally accept a grade of C or higher, including minors and majors, with the exception of accreditation and licensure restrictions.
Tulsa Community College Transfer Guides
Download the general transfer guidelines from Tulsa Community College:
- TCC Transfer Credit Guidelines
- TCC Transfer Guide Collins College of Business
- TCC Transfer Guide College of Engineering and Natural Sciences
- TCC Transfer Guide Oxley College of Health Sciences
You will need your username and password that was emailed to you after you applied in order to check your application status.