googleplus linkedin pinterest snapchat vimeo youtube


Federal Pell Grant

This grant is available to undergraduates, and range from $598 to $5,815 (2016-17) based on an entitlement computation formula and federal funding. Application is made through the FAFSA. Pell funding will credit the student’s account no earlier than the first day of class each semester if the award is finalized. Students who are Pell recipients and are receiving scholarships that cover their charges in full must contact the Bursar’s Office to obtain information on how to purchase their required books in the bookstore.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

This federal grant is awarded to undergraduate students showing financial need with priority given to Federal Pell Grant recipients. The number of awards depends on the annual funding allocations set by the U.S. Department of Education.

University Grant

This grant is made possible from general funds budgeted each year with approval of The University of Tulsa Board of Trustees and is available only to full-time undergraduate students. Renewal is based upon evidence of need determined by the FAFSA and a 2.0 cumulative GPA. During the semester, these grants may be unwritten by an endowed or supported scholarship. The total of the grant will not change if underwritten.

Early Filer’s Grant

This grant is a $1,000 renewable grant. The application process applies to new freshman who are applying for the Fall 2017 semester. The FAFSA must be filed by February 15, 2017, and the student must be enrolled full time in order to be eligible for these funds. This grant is available for eight semesters as long as the student is enrolled full time and maintains a cumulative 2.0 GPA.  It is not necessary that families file the FAFSA annually to receive the renewal of this grant. Transfer students are not eligible for this grant. IMPORTANT:  If you are a student athlete you must contact The University of Tulsa Athletic Compliance Office to determine if you are eligible to accept this grant per the NCAA rules.

Hurricane Pledge

TU will match dollar for dollar OK Promise funding for students who are eligible to receive Oklahoma’s Promise beginning in fall 2013.  TU’s match is limited to tuition expenses for fall and spring semesters only. Students must have originally applied and been approved for OK Promise during their 8th, 9th or 10th grade year in high school. All entering, first-time freshman receiving OK Promise are required to file a FAFSA and are subject to a second income check. Recipients must also meet program accumulative GPA requirements. Renewal of the Hurricane Pledge is dependent on renewal of OK Promise funds.


Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant) – This grant is for students who are completing or who plan to complete coursework that is required to begin a career in teaching and who agree to teach full-time for at least four years as a highly qualified teacher; at a school or educational service agency servicing low income students and in a high need field. The four years of teaching must be completed within eight year after you complete or otherwise cease to be enrolled in the program for which you received a TEACH Grant. This teaching requirement is known as your TEACH Grant obligation. In order to qualify for a TEACH Grant as an entering college student, you must be making a 3.25 GPA or be in the 75th percentile on admission tests (i.e., SAT, ACT, GRE). Students must maintain a 3.25 GPA during the course of receiving the grant. Prior to receiving your TEACH Grant, a student must complete an Agreement to Serve (ATS) for that year. This is done at The session consists of a TEACH Grant Overview and 3 additional sections that cover: (1) TEACH Grant ATS, (2) Service Obligations, (3 Conversion of a TEACH Grant to a loan. Students may receive up to $4,000/yr. for their first undergraduate program with the maximum allowed being $16,000. Graduate students may receive up to $4,000/yr. with the maximum of $8,000. Each student upon completion of their undergraduate program/graduate program must complete exit counseling on the student access website at


Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG)

Oklahoma residents may qualify for awards up to $1,300. Apply by completing the FAFSA. Early application is important, as funding is limited. Before OTAG awards are disbursed, the Office of Student Financial Services, using the State Regent’s policy for determining residency, will verify state residency. The FAFSA must be filed as soon as possible after October 1, 2016, as funding will be awarded first come, first served until depleted. OTAG is billed after the third week of classes. Funds will credit the student’s account upon receipt of the check from the State Treasurer’s Office. Students who are not Oklahoma residents are encouraged to contact their home state to inquire about the availability of grant assistance.

Oklahoma Tuition Equalization Grant (OTEG)

Oklahoma residents meeting certain income categories may receive $2,000 in assistance. These recipients are chosen by TU according to regulations. Funding is limited and may be used to offset university scholarships. Apply by completing the FAFSA. This grant is a need-based grant; renewability depends on the family’s income. OTEG is billed after the census date of each semester. Census date is approximately eight weeks into the semester. Funds will credit the student’s account upon receipt of the check from the State Treasurer’s Office.

Oklahoma’s Promise

Oklahoma’s Promise is a state-based scholarship that is applied for by students in their 8th, 9th or 10th years in high school.  They must complete a specified a 17-unit core curriculum and achieve a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and their family taxed and untaxed income cannot exceed $50,000 (at the time of enrollment in the program).  All students graduating high school in 2012 and thereafter will be subject to a second family income check at the time student begins college.  At this second income check, the federal adjusted gross income (AGI) of the student’s parents may not exceed $100,000.  Oklahoma’s high school seniors will be required to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which will be used to determine whether or not the federal adjusted gross income exceeds $100,000.  An approved student is eligible for the award for a maximum of 5 consecutive years or a bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first.  Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA for classes they take through their sophomore year and a 2.5 GPA for classes they take during their junior year and after.

For students that started the program prior to 2012-2013, the requirements for the continuation of the scholarship are SAP requirements established by the college for their federal funding.  If they are not receiving federal funding, they are unable to receive Oklahoma’s Promise.

Beginning in 2012-2013, all Oklahoma’s Promise first time students must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements set by the college to be eligible to receive federal financial aid.  The SAP requirements include minimum GPA standards and minimum standards for completing courses in which the student enrolls.  Any Oklahoma’s Promise student with a cumulative grade point average of less than 2.0 upon the completion of sixty earned semester credit hours, or its equivalent shall permanently lose eligibility for program benefits.  After completion of 90 hours earned, the GPA requirement is a 2.5.  If student at that time is making less than a 2.5, he shall not receive his award again until he has reached or exceeds the requirement of the 2.5 GPA.

Procedures followed for processing new students for Oklahoma’s Promise are as follows:

  • Through the application process at the university, students self-identify that they are an Oklahoma Promise Student.
  • As entering freshmen (starting in 2012-2013) students are required to file a FAFSA and a second income verification is performed on the parent’s adjusted gross income (AGI).

Procedures following for continuing students in the Oklahoma’s Promise are as follows:

  • Satisfactory Academic Progress is checked on all students participating in the program.
  • The GPA requirements are verified for their levels as listed above.

Oklahoma’s Promise is billed after the 3rd week of classes.  Funds will credit the student’s account upon receipt of the check from the State Treasurer’s office.

Oklahoma Academic Scholars (OKAC)

The State of Oklahoma awards scholarships to academically outstanding students who plan to attend an Oklahoma public or private college or university.  Scholarship funding may be received for eight semesters if the student meets the requirements established by the State of Oklahoma. Students must complete the application provided by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 and completion of 24 credit hours per academic year is required to receive Oklahoma Academic Scholars funding.  A roster verifying full-time enrollment and cumulative GPA is submitted to the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education upon the third week of classes each semester.  Funds will credit the student’s account upon receipt of the check from the State Treasurer’s Office.