googleplus linkedin pinterest snapchat vimeo youtube

Student Employment

There are two types of student employment opportunities at The University of Tulsa, the Federal Work-Study Program and Institutional Work Study.

Throughout the year, the Office of Student Financial Services lists employment opportunities. In addition to on-campus jobs, a number of jobs are available in community service agencies throughout Tulsa. It is the responsibility of the student to find employment and to work enough hours to earn the award. Hourly wage rates for all campus student employees begin at minimum wage. A common work week is 11 to 12 hours. Students will be paid bi-weekly as funds are earned. Earnings are paid directly to the student through direct deposit. Therefore, the Federal Work-Study award cannot credit to the student’s bill at the beginning of the semester. If the award is needed to help with the student’s bill, a payment plan must be set up with the Bursar’s Office. Arrangements for direct deposit should be made through the payroll office. Earnings through the Federal Work-Study program are taxable and will be reported to the IRS. New students must attend a Work-Study session during orientation in August. Additionally, new Federal Work-Study students are required to complete an I-9 and W-4 form through the Office of Human Resources and Risk Management prior to beginning their employment. Since work-study funding is limited, it is important to apply early while funds are available.

The second type of employment is called Institutional Work Study. Institutional jobs are offered by offices around the university that need additional employees. The money earned at the institutional job is not funded by the Federal government like Work-Study employees. The individual departments pay for the employee out of their budget.

NOTE: Admitted Students – If you haven’t accessed your account information, click here for instructions. If you have your TU Net ID and password, you can log on to the portal here.