In order to be considered for admission, the following items must be received.
- An International Application for Admission. Forms can be completed online, or applicants may download a paper form from this website.
- Nonrefundable application fee of $50. This may be paid online via credit card or by check or money order made payable to ‘The University of Tulsa’.
- Original or certified copies of all secondary/high school transcripts. Students who have attended another college or university must submit all relevant post-secondary transcripts. If original transcripts are not issued in English, a certified English translation must be submitted along with the original-language documents. Failure to submit transcripts from all institutions attended may result in denial or cancellation of admission offer or dismissal from the university. Students who have attended another college or university and have 60 or more academic credit hours are not required to supply secondary school documents.
- Students studying A Levels, International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, or Advanced Placement courses need to submit official scores or results to be considered for college credit based on qualifying exam scores.
- Evidence of English proficiency: a thorough knowledge of written and spoken English is essential for successful study at The University of Tulsa. All international students who plan to enroll in academic classes must demonstrate proof of English proficiency. Students attending and graduating from high schools in the US do not need to present TOEFL or IELTS scores, but are instead required to submit SAT or ACT results.
- A completed Confirmation of Financial Resources (digital or printable form). This requirement applies to all applicants who are not United States Citizens or who are not holding permanent resident visas at the time they apply for admission. Proof of financial support for 1 year of study and living expenses must be on file at The University of Tulsa before an I-20 for F-1 student visa support is issued.
- A photocopy of the personal data page of your passport.
Additional Components (Recommended)
- Counselor or teacher recommendation letters
- Personal essay
- SAT or ACT scores
Original scores must be sent directly from the testing organization. To send SAT scores from ETS our institution code is 6883. To send ACT scores our institution code is 3444.
The University of Tulsa offers two interview options for international students:
- Personal interview with TU admissions representative – as time allows, we can connect with you via phone, Skype, FaceTime, WeChat, or WhatsApp. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request your interview.
- InitialView – we accept interviews completed through InitialView. InitialView is an organization that conducts and records an unscripted interview and proctors a short writing sample for international applicants to US universities. InitialView does not rate or grade the interview/writing sample; all evaluation is done by our admission office. You can sign up for your interview at www.initialview.com.