THE UNIVERSITY OF TULSA MISSION STATEMENT
The University of Tulsa is a private, independent, doctoral-degree-granting institution whose mission reflects these core values: excellence in scholarship, dedication to free inquiry, integrity of character, and commitment to humanity. The university achieves its mission by educating men and women of diverse backgrounds and cultures to:
- become literate in the sciences, humanities and arts
- think critically and write and speak clearly
- succeed in their professions and careers
- behave ethically in all aspects of their lives
- welcome the responsibility of citizenship, service and leadership in a changing world
- acquire the skills and appetite for lifelong learning
DIVISION OF ENROLLMENT AND STUDENT SERVICES STATEMENT OF MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Division of Enrollment and Student Services supports the mission of the university by offering student–focused programs and services to empower students of diverse backgrounds to achieve their highest academic potential and to inspire a life of learning, leadership and service.
- Support opportunities to develop academic and personal skills conducive to the development of competent citizens who are culturally and globally aware;
- Collaborate with academic and administrative units to promote an inclusive enrollment management philosophy focusing on recruitment, retention and student success;
- Cultivate diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the student engagement experience in an environment where respect for all are valued and expected;
- Nurture meaningful relationships with colleagues and develop partnerships throughout the University and community at large to enhance positive student outcomes.