Congratulations! You’ve been admitted to The University of Tulsa!
Below is a list of items that need to be completed prior to your first day of class.
AFTER YOU RECEIVE YOUR OFFER OF ADMISSION
- Connect with future classmates on social media through The University of Tulsa Class of 2022 Facebook Group.
- Set up your TU Net ID Username and Password to access the New Student Portal and ‘CaneLink (see below).
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). List The University of Tulsa on your FAFSA using TU’s school code of 003185.
WHEN YOU ARE READY TO ACCEPT YOUR OFFER OF ADMISSION
- Accept your offer of admission online via the Intent to Enroll Form. You can also mail in the paper copy included in your admission packet. The deadline for fall entry terms is May 1.
- Pay your $200 non-refundable enrollment deposit online or send a check to The University of Tulsa Office of Admission, 800 S. Tucker Drive, Tulsa, OK 74104.
- Notify all other schools to which you applied of your decision to attend TU in order to withdraw those applications.
- Request special learning or physical accommodations (if applicable).
AFTER YOU HAVE COMMITTED TO ATTENDING TU
- Schedule an appointment to enroll in classes. Your transfer and AP credits will be discussed during your enrollment appointment. Registration for fall entry terms open April 1.
- Take the TU Mathematics Placement Assessment. Must be completed before your enrollment appointment. You will need your TU Net ID Username and Password to access.
- Complete the Language Placement Exam, if applicable. Must be completed before your enrollment appointment.
- Submit proof of health insurance coverage. Students entering in the fall may submit beginning July 15.
- Link your Gmail account to your new UTulsa email account.
- Submit your immunization records.
- After you have registered for classes and the Housing Office has made housing assignments (mid July), the Office of the Bursar will send an email to your utulsa.edu email address to let you know your statement is available in the via New Student Portal. Here you can click on “View and Pay my Account” to make a payment online or to enroll in a payment plan.
- Contact the TU Bookstore to rent or purchase textbooks.
- Complete the list of tasks under New Student Portal below.
- Complete the list of tasks under ‘CaneLink below.
- Mark your calendars with important university dates to remember.
NEW STUDENT PORTAL
You will need your TU Net ID Username and Password to log in to the New Student Portal. See After you receive your offer of admission above. In the New Student Portal you will find links to the following items:
- Accept or reject your federal aid award. Federal aid awards should be accepted or rejected as soon as they are available.
- Please note that if you want to reduce an amount you must print off your award letter, make the change and return it to the Office of Student Financial Services.
- If you have not filed for need-based aid but wish to do so, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. For additional financial aid information and forms, visit the Financial Aid website.
You will need your TU Net ID Username and Password to log in to ‘CaneLink to complete the following tasks. Click New Student at the top of the page after signing in.
- Apply for housing or request a housing exemption. Housing applications for students entering in the fall open February 15. Housing assignments will be mailed on July 11. A $250 housing deposit is due at time of housing application.
- Register for StartTU New Student Orientation. Registration opens April 1 for students entering TU in the fall.
- Schedule your move-in check in time. Registration for students entering in the fall opens on July 16.
- Upload a photo for your TU ID card to save time when picking up your TU ID card. Students entering in the fall may start uploads on July 16.
- Complete the Student Request to Share Information form (FERPA).
- Purchase your parking pass if you plan to have a car on campus. Registration opens July 16 for students entering TU in the fall.