Leadership TU is an education and development program to assist current and emerging leaders understand the role leadership plays in long-term success. It is designed to foster dialogue and build community among past, current and future participants by encouraging engagement in projects facilitating personal/professional growth and community betterment.
Students completing Leadership TU will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Examine multiple attributes of impactful leaders and levels of leadership
- Consider multiple attributes of effective teams including team formation and dynamics
- Work collaboratively and purposefully within various teams
- Communicate confidently and persuasively with other leaders and team members
- Identify personal values, purpose and mission to guide ongoing personal and professional development
Open to incoming first year (both freshman and transfer sophomore) students. Grade-point-average and test scores are not considered during the selection process.
- Submit a completed application for admission to The University of Tulsa by January 15.
- Submit the online Special Programs Application, with short essays by January 15.
Leadership is a topic of great interest. Influential leaders, and attributes making them both influential and impactful, are discussed and debated often. In Leadership TU we understand and welcome some discussion and debate. Civil discourse and mutual respect are elements of vibrant communities, and we strongly desire for Leadership TU to be a vibrant community. However, we quickly seek to move beyond words to action. We seek to engage leaders and develop teams to practice leadership, to be better equipped to lead by leading. We practice mutual support from leader to team, team to leader and teammate to teammate. This approach presents abundant growth opportunities for all actively engaged participants.