We are quickly approaching Thanksgiving which just might be my favorite holiday. My mom always sends me quilted decorations, most of them she’s made herself, and the newest addition to our apartment got me thinking about everything I am thankful for at TU. So here is my list of my top five things to be thankful for as a TU student!
1. I’m thankful for the friends I’ve made at TU. I think the best people can be found at TU, and I am so lucky to have met some of my best friends on my first day here. Jennifer, Kerry and I lived in a suite together my freshman year. Now, I live with Jennifer and Kerry is right next door.
2. I am thankful for our beautiful campus. My apartment faces a courtyard and I have loved watching the leaves change this fall. And stomping on all of the crunchy leaves on my way to class is always fun
3. I am thankful for my entire apartment, but particularly my kitchen. When we moved in, there was a big burn mark near the stove and a small piece of the countertop was no longer connected to the wall. These were all things we could live with, I mean we each finally had our own room and bathroom so there was nothing that would prevent us from loving this apartment. However, maintenance came and replaced the countertop and the stove and now our kitchen is wonderful. We might not cook every night, but we probably cook at least four days a week and that room has become one of my favorites.
4. I am thankful for a mom who is generally the best. She was able to come visit me this week and left me things to help get me to the break and through finals without stressing as much. As a general rule, you can never go wrong with a care package. It doesn’t have to be the most extravagant thing, Anything can just brighten your day.
5. I am thankful for all of the opportunities TU has given me. I have had such wonderful experiences here, and I truly believe TU has helped make me the person I am today. I am graduating in the spring, but I already have a job lined up for next year. I will get to give back to the Tulsa community while working in schools doing what I love.